Thursday, March 4, 2010

Great Expectations Photo Post

Yeah, so I know this isn't very creative, but it works, okay? I was looking for other opposite pictures but all I got were pictures of... dinosaurs and something. I chose the colors black and white. They are so different, opposites even, yet they are still the same thing; a color. I chose this to represent the difference between Pip's hometown where he was born and raised and London, where he went with Mr. Jaggers to become a gentleman. He used to live near a marsh, common apparently where he was born. It was just a place for middle-class/common people would live during that time. The 'country.' London, Pip described, was in awe yet grossed-out by how bad it smelled because of how many people were in one spot.

2 comments:

  1. i think it's cool how you took such a simple picture and found meaning behind it. Good idea! It's very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you found a meaning out of that simple picture. that is very cool and shows that the picture doesn't need to be complicated.

    ReplyDelete